James Cameron (aka Jamie) – Owner and lead Mechanical Engineer Motus Design Group Ltd, Victoria, Canada.
I grew up in Fort William, Scotland and moved to Glasgow to study Product Design Engineering. Since 2002 I’ve been working as a Product Designer and Engineer, living in England, Malaysia, the USA and now Canada. In 2010 I decided to become self employed and at the end of 2013 partnered with two of my engineering colleagues and formed Motus Design Group Ltd. Aside from work I’m a passionate cyclist and photographer.
Masters of Engineering
- University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
- Glasgow School of Art, Glasgow, Scotland
- Jointly run program specializing in Product design Engineering
Dyson Ltd 2002-2006 http://www.dyson.com/
- New product Development, Design to manufacture, consumer products: Senior Design Engineer
42 Technology Ltd– 2006-2008 http://www.42technology.com/
- Medical and food industry product design: Design Engineer
Codetta Product Design 2008-2010
- Professional audio and product development: Design Engineer
Starfish Medical Contractor, 2010-present http://www.starfishmedical.com/
- Design research, developing functional prototypes for regulatory approval, working within ISO 14385: Design Engineer
Sport Innovation Centre – Contractor, 2010 to present http://spin-centre.ca/
- Measurement Systems for High Performance Sport: Lead Mechanical Engineer
- 3D printing techniques and prototyping
- Plastics design for manufacture
- Design for assembly
- Design research and conceptuization
- Machining design for manufacture
- Sheetmetal design for manufacture
- Integrating 3D PCB layout with housing design, we have done a fair bit of work on a system to tightly integrate Altium 3D PCB layout with Solidworks.